Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, September 12, 2023

RICHMOND HILL HERITAGE SUMMIT CELEBRATING 150 YEARS A REAL SUCCESS-SEPTEMBER 20, 2023

 With over 26 organizations participating in the event September 10, 2023 there was a good response from the community.

I am with the Richmond Hill Historical Society, York Region Branch-OGS/Ontario Ancestors and the Richmond Hill Arts Council.

So as a member of the Historical Society I suggested my two other groups to participate. 

Yay a good success.

Always a good way to promote our organizations.

So I posted my 145 plus photos on my Facebook page.



Some of the banners who represented people there.

Our fun poster of the event.


The Richmond Hill Community Concert Band played a medley of pieces.



Ted Barris a Canadian journalist and writer of 19 books presented on Canadian medics in several wars. His book Rush to Danger chronicled his research and gratitude to our service men and women. It is available at various book stores and online resources.

Always good to promote Canadian writers.


And a love of gardens.

It was a good day and evening.

#richmondhillheritagesummitseptember10#2023heritagesummit#richmondhillhistoricalsociety#richmondhillartscouncil#yorkregionbranchogs#yorkregionbranchontarioancestors#supportingtherichmondhillcommunity#beingthereforourcommunity#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment