Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, February 22, 2022

SUPPORTING BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2021

 It is always a good thing to try to get another perspective on any issue.

As a history buff, I do have quite a bit of knowledge about all Canadians.

But wanting to further my knowledge of the Black experience during Black History Month so I have made some efforts in 2021.

I watched a repeat documentary on The Black Church in America by Dr. Louis Gates Jr. on PBS.

The March Canada's History magazine has a wonderful article on The Underground Railroad- featuring How Harriet Tubman helped dozens of slaves escape to Freedom in Canada.

On a talk show I happened to catch a Professor Dr. Imani Perry speak about her new book South to America. So with an Indigo Christmas gift card I bought it. Her thesis is about understanding the Black experience in America one must understand the South.

So it will take me more than the month to peruse the written sources but it should give more knowledge about the Black experience.

Of course learning, reading and listening to people's stories always helps to give a different or new perspective on human experiences.

#dr.imaniperry#southtoamerica#blackhistorymonth2021#Canada'shistory#theundergroundrailroad#ablackperspective#harriettubman#theblackchurchinamerica#dr.louisgatesjr#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment