Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 10, 2022

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- ADAM SHAVER AND MARY CARREL

 Adam Shaver and Mary Carrel were the parents of my ggg grandfather John Stinson Shaver.

Born in New Jersey where a generation of Shavers lived until moving to Ontario.

Adam's father was Frederick Shaver who came with his father in 1765 to America.

I have a book on all the descendants from this line. 

Frederick Shaver- 1747 Germany- Sussex County, New Jersey, 1823 And his descendants by Frederick Howell Shaver- 389-22nd Street S.E. Cedar Rapids, Iowa.It was written in the war period 1939 to 1943.

I will review John's life at another time.

For this post I just want to reflect on a cemetery visit of this couple.

I have pictures and a handwritten note.



June 4/94
I drove around the Pickering/Uxbridge area. It took me awhile to find this cemetery.
Finally I saw a sign. Altona 2km.
Buzzed my mileage and drove.
to visit your g.g.g.grandparents in this tranquil little cemetery was quite moving.
There they were, just waiting. Barb Di Mambro







Covered  with moss. I tried wiping some away. I hope others who visit keep it clean.
                                           




                                       
View across the cemetery.

Genealogy brings many quiet moments of positive reflection.
Sometimes a simple cemetery visit gives good information and a feeling of connection.
#shavercarrelgrandparents#visitingacemetery#altonacemetery#altonachamlet#picturesinacemetery#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro






No comments:

Post a Comment