Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, October 7, 2021

THANKSGIVING PREPARATIONS ONGOING

 Once I buy the turkey I always feel the dinner is on the way. All the trimmings and variety of veggies are bought over time.

However I put pressure on myself to clean my house for the festive event.

It is amazing when looking for dirt and dust it is found in great abundance. So those corners that have not been visited for some time are clean.

I am always learning that the more glass pictures and knickknacks one has, have to be cleaned.

Decluttering those areas like my desk in the den feels good.

Organizing my genealogy projects in a neat row let's me get the research and writing those stories going again soon. My indoor work per se. 

Of course, the garden cleanup prevails until about mid November or until the snow flies.

I am conflicted though about how much cleanup. Some gardeners say chop away at everything. Other say leave it until Spring so the little critters and bugs and whatever can use the seeds and plant life over the winter. The second option is more appealing as garden cleanup is really boring. I mean really boring.

Getting all the garden stuff in the garage so garage cleanup can start after Thanksgiving. Another super boring job but I like to put my car in the garage on those snowy days. So necessary.

So preparing for Thanksgiving and a wonderful dinner with family is not boring. It actually brings me joy.

The girls bring appetizers and desserts so no baking is needed by me. 

Having everyone together for a short time feels nice. Besides my busy working Moms can have a break.

How are your Thanksgiving preparations going? Do you enjoy this time of year?

#thanksgivingpreparations#cleaningthehouseforThanksgiving#lovingthemeal#cleaningisboring#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#garagecleanup#gardencleanup

No comments:

Post a Comment