Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A POSTCARD FROM TOBERMORY ONTARIO

 Although many people do not send postcards anymore, some do. Like I do.

So on my first vacay in years with family to Tobermory OntarioI bought a bunch of postcards for my collection. I sent a few to family and friends in Canada and Italy.

Situated on the beautiful Bruce Pennisula, on Lake Huron it is an affordable and fun place to visit.

All the postcards featured are photographed by Jack Salen- photographer.



Flowerpot Island needed a boat to reach.

Aerial views of the Bruce Pennisula.
Rocky beach on Flowerpot Island where swimming is good
The Grotto in Bruce Peninsula National Park is such an important landmark to see.

Did not visit so a must see next time we go to Tobermory.
Blue Heron Cruises took us to the Island. Great fresh air still wearing our masks for Covid protocols.
Lovely view of the Niagara Escarpment. Tobermory is the end point from the Niagara area.
A travel blogger suggested to send a postcard to yourself when travelling. Have your own little message. A stamp from the area or country. So I did. It will be a new tradition for me. If I do not receive from others I will have my own record of travels from me.
You can still send me a postcard anytime as I love receiving them.

#jacksalen#photographedbyJackSalen#tobermoryontario#flowerpotisland#grotto#brucepennisulanationalpark#trekkingonflowerpotisland#blueheroncruises#coveislandlighthousegeorgianbayontario#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment