Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 11, 2021

THANKSGIVING MONDAY-DAY FOR QUIET REFLECTION AND FINAL CLEANUP

 Preparing for a Thanksgiving dinner was more than just dinner. As stated previously it is always time to Fall clean. So a cleaner house and a good meal.

My grandchildren actually ate more food this time. Nice to have fewer leftovers. 

Sonya asked if we could do a new tradition. Have a walk after dinner. So we did- all 11 of us.

Thankful for my dishwasher. Two loads yesterday and one load today to finish all the cleanup.

Being able to slow down today gives me some fodder for thought.

How many Canadians are celebrating with loved ones?

How many are missing loved ones?

The homeless who eat at a donated dinner location and get a much needed hot meal!

I like Thanksgiving as it is basically a dinner. It is the start of a holiday season to come.

So I make sure I buy double the cranberries so I have them. Double the turkey gravy so I am stocked.

The joy of having family and noise takes away from the too quiet of a home sometimes.

So Thanksgiving Monday and its reflections.

How about you? How do you pass the time today? Did you have your big meal Sunday or do you have it today?

#thanksgivingmonday#thanksgiving#eatingtoomuch#cleanup#fallcleanup#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment