Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 15, 2018

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS-WRITE A LETTER

Since 1991, I have sent support letters to wherever our troops are stationed. In the National Defense website it is easy to find the locations worldwide. If not related the rules are very strict. No packages. No closed letters. So I fold my letters with tape on each side so it is easy to see inside. Sometimes I receive a response back from one of our service people. They are my treasures. I have learnt about the life of serving abroad at Christmas/New Year. Think about it. Tough to be away from family and friends. One can also send an email if letter writing is not your thing. One never knows the ripple effect giving support can have for those away from Canada. So think of others who serve us. First responders can be honoured as well.
#letterstothetroops#supportourtroops#rememberingthosewhoareserving#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara

No comments:

Post a Comment