Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, November 3, 2018

RETIREMENT - A WORK IN PROGrRESS

Just starting to feel like I have had enough of this retirement thing. So bought two good books to read and help me study about it.
Michelle Pannor Silver- Retirement and its Discontents ( 2018 ) is a good read about others who have retired and their feelings about the matter. What they did about reinventing themselves.
About retirement income, Frederick Vettese's book on how to manage one's retirement income. Retirement Income For life- Getting more without saving More. ( 2018 )
I feel I have studied and researched so many areas of my life. Why not retirement? Not everyone gets to travel or buy a sailboat or live the life of Riley.  Retired from a workplace as a Social Worker but not necessarily retired from Social Work, I believe my next phase and adventure may just be beginning.
Of course I am cleaning and crafting and writing and reading and exercising- but is it enough. Don't get me wrong. When working I had some moments when I had had enough so am enjoying the freedom of not having a boss to cowtail her wishes. My time in my day is what I care to do with it.
The transition phase is just interesting. No I am not busier than I was when I was working. How absurd to believe a 50 hour work week or more could be replaced so easily. So are you a retiree! How do you manage with this retirement thing?
#retirement#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barb'sthoughtsonretirement#studyinghowtoretirewell#booksonretirement#managingretirementmoney#gettingusedtoretirement#thediscontentsofretirement#fredvettese#michellepannorsilver

No comments:

Post a Comment