Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 22, 2018

NANA SAYS LESS IS MORE AT CHRISTMAS TIME

Too much stress to do so much for family at Christmas. My daughter Sonya wrote a great post on her undo list at Christmas.
House of Kerrs
Good suggestions on prioritizing at Christmas. Deciding what to do without all the guilt of trying to be the super mom for all. Taking some things off the plate.
My suggestions. Always make your own family traditions. Do you go to the local parade together? Do you donate to a charity together? Most schools have a food bank drive so be part of it. Who does the family dinners and when? Divide the work for all to have a part. I remember baking one item with my girls when they were little.Something simple and fun. Or don't bake at all!!
Since I am an empty nester, easy to have the family for Christmas dinner as I don't have little ones under my feet. I love Christmas so have always tried to make it festive and fun. But some years less is done because of what is going on in my life.
Children do not read the magazines or watch the shows on how to make everything over the top and special. They relate to their own family and what their family does. The time together is what they will remember.
More on Christmas at another time. Remember to breathe!
#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#lessismoreatChristmas#makingyourowntraditions#don'tfeelguiltyifyoucan'tdoitall#bepartofyourownfamilytraditions

No comments:

Post a Comment