Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 15, 2018

ART AT THE MCMICHAEL COLLECTION GALLERY

A visit to the McMichael Gallery in Kleinberg is always a wonderful day. A recent visit with friends was truly a wonderful day.
The regular exhibits of the Group of Seven and Tom Thompson. Watched a documentary on the controversy around his untimely death.
The trees on the grounds have matured. It is very reflective of a Northern landscape.
Wolf sculptures reflect nature.

The Sculpture Garden has more modernistic work.
Native art and artifacts abound.
A book on the David Milne collection rounded out my day. No pictures could be taken of his art.
It was more interesting to see the art then to take pictures. I have several books on the Group of Seven on my bookshelf. I love this gallery and it is so close to home. I have taken visitors there too.
#mcmichaelartgaller#groupofseven#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#modernart#nativeart#lovingart#timetoseesomeart

No comments:

Post a Comment