Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 16, 2018

WHY AM I EMBRACING BEING A SENIOR!!

Being a Senior comes with some benefits. Pensions if retired. Drug plan. No need to job hunt. It also means to watch one's health vigorously. Try not to be foolish with doing things one did at a much younger age.
Looking towards leaving a legacy for the family. What would it be?? Enjoying the grandchildren and being an active member of the family system. Being the Wise Woman and knowing how to listen. Only suggest when asked. No copious advice giving to everyone. No- in my day we did it this way.
Using the old ways and the new ways. Yes I have photos printed, scrapbook, upload pictures and use digital- use all the ways.
I have nothing to prove to anyone. Only myself. To use each day well with meaning. Be kind. Be active. Be constructive. Use my hands and my mind.
Seniors can be as different as youth can be different. Middle age people are different.
Know it is not too late to learn a new skill, join a new group, sing a new song and make a new friend. Reconnect with old friends.
It took me a long time to admit I was a Senior. Working with younger people and experiencing ageism it was always good to downplay the Senior thing. Now that I am not in a Workplace but working on my own and at my own speed- yeah I can be a Senior.
Well it feels like any other age. I am just glad I reached it. Lost several family and friends along the way. So live life to the fullest but some days just living is okay too!!
How do you feel about Seniors? How do you like being a Senior? Are you a Senior or avoiding the label? Well do you even like labels.
#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#beingasenior#embracingbeingasenior#livinglifetothefullest#reachedanagetobeasenior#enjoyingallaspectsofbeingasenior#constructiveseniorsinaction

No comments:

Post a Comment