Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 2, 2018

PREPARING FOR A HOUSE GUEST

Years ago I would have house guests regularly. Not many for awhile. But this year it is happening again. I find getting the house in order more tedious than I recall. I want the guest room and bathroom to be in tip top shape. I have left some Thanksgiving cleaning to this week as there are areas of the house my guest will not frequent. The real truth is some areas of the house have been forgotten or overlooked due to my previous work schedule. Now with this retirement thing I have developed some new home habits. Start a task, have a middle and finish it. No more leaving things to be finished another day as I have that extra 20 minutes to half an hour to finish things. It is a good feeling. It does give a sense of control. So my house guest can drink a coffee while I continue to work and do and organize. However, I have a list of outings to do with my house guest. Fun is always important in life. So a movie or two, some shopping, some visiting are in the works. Have you had house guests lately? How do you prepare? As you age do you find it to be more work than previously?
#preparingforahouseguest#cleaningthehouse#gettingreadyforsomefun#makeavisitlessworkandmorefun#workpreventedlotsofjobsbeingfinished#ahomedooverisgood#retirementbringsmoretimetogetstuffdone

No comments:

Post a Comment