Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, October 4, 2018

AIRPORTS- A PLACE FOR HELLOS AND GOODBYES

I am an airport geek. I love to people watch. So while waiting for a family member to arrive at Terminal 3, Pearson Airport I had the opportunity on Tuesday. Just Canadian flights coming in and mostly West Jet so not those fun international flights with throngs of people. And no customs. Watching the arrivals board so knowing the flight was on time and when it landed. The people with the tour signs for their group. The Montreal flights and lots of French being spoken. The dazed look on people as they entered the terminal area from the baggage claim area. Where do I go now??? Two little girls with welcome signs for their person! Hugs and kisses for many! If you love the movie- Love Actually, the scenes at the Airport are my favourites. At the beginning and the end of the movie, a statement of humankind. There is little support for those of us who were waiting, few seats to rest our butts. So standing and leaning. I also watched the ground personnel. The security people did not give me much faith. Talking and not observing the crowd as I thought they should. I guess there are security cameras watching us but first observations and awareness of who is there is also important. The Social Worker in me to be aware of all behaviour and people around me at all times. Even if it seems like I not looking. I really am!! So a little Airport fix for me. Do you like airports? Do you like to people watch?
#airports#terminal3pearson#peoplewatching#canadianflights#arrivalsboard#movieLoveActually#airportscenes#whoareyouwaitingfor#astatementofhumankind

No comments:

Post a Comment