Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 15, 2018

FALL GARDEN CLEANUP ON TRACK

7 bags of yard waste and 3 bundles of bush branches out today. There is something therapeutic about the number of bags to the curb. It is a visual way of seeing work accomplished. Many tasks in our lives are not so visual. So much of what we do in life that consumes our energy is invisible. So yard waste that demonstrates that the garden, the outdoor work is occurring. Despite the number of bags to the curb, my garden is lots of work. I do not feel that it will be as clean as I want for over the winter. But using the right tools helps. I finally am using my weed whacker which helps with pruning all my plants. I am actually very mercenary this time of year when pruning and cutting. Chop, chop, chop! The reason!! Everything will grow by with a vengeance in the Spring next year. I did enjoy my pots of vegetables on the back porch. Simple, easy work. My garden is too big for me. I see the future when I do not have a large yard and some simple pots of plants will keep me going.
#gardencleanup#weedwhacker#ontrackcleaningupthegarden#visualwaytoseework#lotsofwork#yardworkishardwork#asmallergardenwouldbesoeasy#potsofvegetablesontheporch

1 comment: