Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 24, 2017

WEEDING A GARDEN-LIKE LIFE IT CAN BE OVERGROWN

With the personal stuff and all the rain, my garden beds and paths are a huge overgrown mess. Every time some area is worked, well the rain came and voila more growth. So finally attacking the paths with a week killer, the garden is taking some shape. There is some stone or brown showing in the paths. It had me thinking about how overwhelming some events can be in our lives. We work on one area then along comes more- "rain"- to make events grow. By attacking a little at a time then some headway is made. Sometimes overgrown is not bad. Like my garden, more birds and definitely more butterflies are visiting my little corner of the world. So trying to control and manage too well may discourage other aspects of life. Letting life happen can be challenging. Having some control even more challenging. One thing for sure, I will never win one of those local horticultural awards for best gardens in town. But the 4 yard waste bags on the curb do show that some work was done as well as the little patch of grass was cut. in the front yard.

The perennials make their way through it all too.
These pretty cone flowers that attract wild life are abounding too. So in the midst of a busy and chaotic life comes some beauty. How is your life going? 
#life#challenges#stress#coneflowers#garden#weeds#weedkiller

1 comment:

  1. we're weeding our garden big time ... soon, I'll post some images on my blog, showing how our yard and gardens are being totally transformed by a landscaping company

    ReplyDelete