Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 4, 2017

JULY-THE FIRST REAL SUMMER MONTH

With the longer days and warmer weather, summer is here. Kids to day and sleepover camps have begun! Summer goals are simple. Take in as many fun summer ventures and activities. For me some local ones- Jazz in the Plaza starts tonight. A short walk to the local theatre for music. Rain or shine. If wet, it moves indoors. Reading books is still a luxury. Finished my first one- Girl on the Train. Nice fast, quick easy read. The garden- able to cut the grass but all the gardens are a jungle. Goal to work methodically around the edges and eventually get to the middle of the beds. Or I could wait until Fall and just cut everything back. No horticultural awards for me! Not sure about vacation time yet with the new system starting at work next week. Everyone is a little apprehensive! With all the recent crisises in my life, I want to take the summer slowly. So how will your July be? Some adventures, staycations or home projects? Whatever, here's to July!!
And to the variety of daisies abounding in the gardens and on the roadways. Such a beautiful natural flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment