Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 9, 2017

CAN YOU TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS? OH COMPUTERS!

Computers have always been a learning curve for me. The first one I had was a challenge and it was DOS. Click, enter, click enter. When things moved to the mouse it seemed just too easy. Yeah. Finding where the start menu was became a challenge too. Each time the system upgrades to more features, well learning again. My latest version of Word was a month long learning curve of rearranging and finding features that were useful to me. The Evernote program continues to be a challenge of how to use it properly. My search program for genealogy- Find My Past continues to let me find new databases etc. I just want to be a user not a programmer! So this month begins the challenge in our workplace of a new top of the line computer system for the whole hospital. So can this old dog learn new tricks. Probably! The problem is the young dogs are having trouble too! If I could concentrate on my learning and doing my regular work without all the negative energy and stress around me. I do have a motto- this too shall pass! I want to be supportive but who supports me! If I did not have the stress of the last month, I would be in a better space. So knowing that others may feel the same way is important. As the old dog, the more I stay grounded the more I can do what I need to do a step at a time without being sucked into the energy around me. Concentrating on the people who we serve is the most important aspect of daily work! Woof, woof! The old dog is ready for action.

1 comment: