Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, July 5, 2017

NANA SAYS GRANDCHILDREN KEEP YOU YOUNG

And tired. The energy of little children is unreal. One or two grandsons can run and run and run and still not be breathless. Listening to the conversations and just the joy of life is good. Holding little ones gives more back to the big person. Recently having my littlest grandson sleep on my chest was so enjoyable. To stay current with life's new items all ages must be together. The wisdom of age can be imparted on the younger generation. The little ones can show us to slow down and see the world through young eyes too. Telling children the stories of the family and about family members no longer here can be a regular occurrence. Genealogy- one of my passions can be shared in a variety of ways. Starting with us and our stories and going backwards to parents and grandparents! My grandparents are their great-great grandparents so no need to try to give them all the generations back 400 years when the last 150 can be very informative. There's time for that! So a goal for the summer is to spend time with each of my grandchildren and make a special time or day of it. Doing an activity the child enjoys. It may keep me young but I know I will have a good night's sleep because I will also be tired.
#grandchildren#grandparents#genealogy#parents

1 comment: