Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 22, 2013

50TH ANNIVERSARY OF KENNEDY'S DEATH

Today marks 50 years since the Kennedy death. As a young girl, I remembered what I was doing when I heard the news. Watched Oswald get shot live on TV! In disbelief! There have been other news events and tradegies that stick in my mind too. The shuttle explosion! Of course, September 11th! It has been asked the last week, why the fascination with Kennedy! Why do we still care? He was American but it effected Canada and the next years. It was said he would end the war in Viet Nam sooner which lasted into the 1970s. Do we remember to hope it will not happen again? I wonder how Caroline feels today! Her whole life she has lived in the shadow of that event! He was a President but he was her Dad! Most people I know now are younger and not even cognizant of the event! Perhaps, it gave me a fascination for news events and history. Perhaps it taught me about death! Does it rank with the motto- Lest We Forget! Today in Dallas and other parts of the USA there will be talk and remembrance. To my American friends and colleagues-my heart is with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment