Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TAKING THE HECTIC OUT OF THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

Christmas preparation does not have to be hectic with the right plan and mindset. Christmas 25th is the day every year. If the preparation is started early, then the tasks fall into place. Many people buy presents year round, putting them aside to use at Christmas. Others decide to think shopping is what Christmas is all about! Hum! So what are the main events other than shopping.
Putting up the Christmas lights. Decorating the house. Putting up the tree. Wrapping those gifts. The Christmas events such as parties, pot luck at work, the visit to Santa, the Christmas pictures of the children,family get togethers or who is hosting the family dinners. Of course, Christmas cards and out of town parcels. Which church to attend or do you help with the Christmas concert! Sharing the Christmas message with little ones with a creche and Christmas stories!
Since I do have decades of experience with all of the above, I will be writing various posts over the next few weeks with some strategies for you. Please email or write comments about your own strategies.
Firstly if you have not done it already, write a list of all the people that require consideration for a present, a hostess gift etc. Since the out of town people need a gift sooner, start with them.
For the record, I usually write this list sometime in August. My girls provide the lists for their children mid-October. However, just getting started really helps.
Oh yes, I know there are many that only give gift cards and their Christmas message is an email saying Merry Christmas everyone! There are others where Christmas is a time of family and gathering so it is to those people that I want to share my ideas and organizational skills!
Many young families like the photo Christmas card showing their growing family so please do not tell me no one sends cards anymore! Some do, and some do not!  Christmas can be many things to many people!
So let's take the hectic out of Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing my part, having already purchased presents for my kids and their spouses. Next, I have to get gifts for my 5 grand-kids. I'll be asking my kids for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete