Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, September 13, 2013

PUMPKIN-A NICKNAME FOR A GRANDCHILD


 I call my grandchildren my pumpkins sometimes. Why I use that name? I don't  know I just think it is cute. I like pumpkins as they are  a happy vegetable. Can make pies! A symbol of Thanksgiving and Halloween! They can be big and small. If you drive by a field growing pumpkins it can be rather pretty. My grandchildren are not round like the pumpkins so it is not appearance! So what do you nickname your sweet grandchildren?

1 comment:

  1. The best-known quote regarding Linus and the Great Pumpkin, originally from the comic strip but made famous by the TV special, is: "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

    ReplyDelete