Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY-TIME FOR REFLECTION

42 and still going strong! I am often asked what makes a marriage work. Laughter! Perseverance! Loving someone through not only the good times but the bad times and all the times in between! I don't mean staying in an abusive situation because it is healthier to leave it! But the times when life happens and tests us beyond belief! Marriage is very complex and yet very simple. To work at it- a day at a time! For me it is hard to believe that today marks 42 years of marriage to Adolph! There is so much that has happened to us! The best parts- my two beautiful daughters, my fine sons-in-law, my grandchildren-they make me laugh and just rejoice having them in my life! Some of the family that attended our wedding are still around! Going out for dinner in an over priced restaurant will remind us to enjoy! We'll even get dressed in nice clothes! I am sure you will hear about the meal on Adolph's blog- http://granpalovestocook.blogspot.com So Happy Anniversary to us and to all the couples who make it work every day! To those searching for the one to spend their life together in married bliss-don't give up hope! Remember-don't look for the perfect partner, look for someone who will be willing to travel on your journey together with you! Imperfections and all!!

1 comment:

  1. What is the meaning of life? 42!

    Good advice in this post ...

    ReplyDelete