Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 26, 2013

A WITCH HUNT-ONLY IN CANADA

Is anyone else tired of hearing about the Senate spending scandal and the allegations against the Mayor of Toronto? Yes politicians must be accountable for their behaviour-no questions asked. However, the relentless pursuit by the media of these two issues reminds me of the witch hunt in Salem Massachusetts in 1692. Both governments have business to do and the citizens to represent in a timely fashion. Does it take away from the economy? Does it allow for the larger issues to be addressed? I often question who really wants the answers. Whose vested interests are behind it? By the media concentrating on these two stories it almost makes me turn off the News! Are you interested in these stories?

1 comment:

  1. I think you're being too harsh. The media also covers Mayor Ford.

    ReplyDelete