Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 31, 2013

DO YOU LIKE TO BE EARLY?

Arriving early at the community centre recently to wait for my daughter and young grandsons to arrive, I thought about this concept. It can be said if you are early you are anxious while if you are late than you are aggressive. It really does not fit. I am usually early as I like to be not only early for events but definitely on time. While I was waiting I was able to take in the whole scene. View the road, the stores, the parents coming and going with their children as well as reassuring my daughter I was available to her. She did not have to wait for me!! At a recent workshop downtown, I could experience the ambience of the streets-even taking some photos, find a comfortable chair in the meeting room and scan the area for the participants arriving. Rather than rushing and being frazzled, being early gives time to calm my energy and be aware if the circumstances change. Recent flights west let me be early! Find the washroom, sit near the ground agent in case of flight changes, read or just contemplate life! At any dinner/dance with an appetizer bar, allows for the best selection of food! Perhaps it is annoying to my spouse who does not like to wait! Why wait at home? But if we have somewhere to go why be late and arrive on the dot!! Being early gives flexibility for any change of plans and the ability to roll with it!! Like traffic!! How about you, do you like to be early? Do you run late for events? Do you think if you are early you are anxious? Is it just good and efficient time management?

2 comments: