Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WHAT WOULD YOUR DIAMOND JUBILEE LOOK LIKE?

As Queen Elizabeth the second celebrates 60 years on the throne, it is a time to reflect on  a life served. She is still going strong at age 86, working long past the average retirement age of most people. Many kind words such as dedication at the Thanksgiving Service today. What would my celebration of a life served be? What would your celebration of a life served be? We give eulogies at funerals but what about a thanksgiving service for the living. On birthdays, special anniversaries and awards kind words are often said. Would you want to have all the important details of your life shared? Would you want lots of fireworks for others to see? A huge monetary bonus? A plaque for your wall? A certificate with gold trim? A diamond jubilee- well then some diamonds!! Would you want to give your own speech? There were huge crowds as people in Great Britain always get out and wave the flag at such occasions. In Canada, we have our crowds for events too and can be flag wavers with the best of them! Would you want a crowd of flag wavers? 60 years in one job is quite a feat! Changing with the job and times takes constant awareness of the world around us! So what would your Diamond Jubilee be like? Give it some thought and get back to me! I am busy planning my event and writing my speech!

1 comment:

  1. On my diamond jubilee, they'll probably have a huge garage sale to get rid of all the minutiae that I collected over the years and for which they have no interest or use.

    ReplyDelete