Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, June 23, 2012

TIGER LILLIES FROM THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO THE GARDEN

Tiger lillies grow wild on the sides of roads this time of year in Ontario. They are easy to transplant into a cultivated garden. Over time they spread and grow. I have several bunches in my yard. In the front garden and along the back garden. The orange is a beautiful contrast to the green.

Since they grow very tall, they are easily seen from a speeding car. They grow well in ditches with water. Each stage of the garden brings new life and a joy to behold. Do you have tiger lillies in your garden or nearby in the wild?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos of this lily, Barb. We have the western red lily out here, the floral emblem of Saskatchewan. It's on the Canadian 2005 $350 gold coin. I wish I had this coin but. unfortunately, I don't have the spare $3999.99 needed to buy one.

    ReplyDelete