Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 10, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM EDMONTON ALBERTA CANADA

When I was a young girl I used to visit my Mom's sister- Auntie Bernice and family. My cousin Linda was my age and we were great friends. They lived in Edmonton Alberta. I bought postcards from that time- 1960s.
What a time capsule, eh? The card on a slant is the proposed Civic Centre- 1966 and 1967.  The International Airport sure has grown since then! Don't you love the Macdonald Hotel on the hill! The Canada Goose Fountain in front of City Hall! The capital of Alberta- much to Calgary's woe as there is such a rivalry between the two cities!

Have to enjoy those Klondike Days! Edmonton has football and hockey and of course- The Edmonton Mall- the largest mall in Canada. It is a fine place to live and to visit!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: