Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, June 16, 2012

STREET OBSERVATIONS WHILE WALKING AT 630 a.m.

I love going for my power walk shortly after I arise on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Today I tried to observe as much of my environment as I could. The 4 speeding police cars returning to the police station a short distance from my home. They were changing shifts. The old lady from the apartment walking her dog. The older male walker that picks up plastic bottles. The pickup truck with the security guard watching the library waiting for his shift to be over. The red eyes flying over to Pearson Airport in the West End! Wondering why people from the West are coming to Toronto? To stay or connect with another flight? The morning sky changing to let the sun in. The people waiting at the bus stop at Yonge and Major Mackenzie- why are they up so early? Going to work or coming home from a long night shift! Listening to several songbirds singing! Such an early morning sound! Do you ever really pay attention to the world around you or are you plugged into your i-pac or radio or texting that you are missing life? Practising good observation skills takes time and an awareness of detail!

2 comments:

  1. You'd look pretty funny with you i-pac plugged into your ears ... and i-pac is a special circuit board. I think you meant iPod. Which goes to prove that only luddites go power-walking at 6:30 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess i should have checked my spelling before i posted my comment ... go ahead: laugh at me.

    ReplyDelete