Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, April 16, 2020

HERBS HELP WITH MOOD DURING COVID-19

With so much time at home, plants do help with the mood.


I started some little containers of sunflowers, tomato and peppers for a post for children. It helps as a science activity and may be planted outside once the weather is amenable.

Of course many outdoor spring bulbs are popping up through the ground like my crocuses.






What I have discovered over the years is the enjoyment of herbs.

So some online shopping for groceries has included some pots of fresh basil.

 The scent is very relaxing.
 The pots are from a company here in Ontario. Freeman Herbs.
FreemanHerbs


With most plants old dying leaves are pruned and discarded. With the basil the dying leaves are dried and can be used in food preparation. I am not sure if the plants will be good to plant in my outdoor garden. Time will tell.

Meanwhile I stop and smell the basil periodically during the day.
What herbs and flower scents do you enjoy??
#basil#covid19andusingbasiltorelax#usingbasilinfood#crocusesinthegarden#plantsgrowninthehomegivehope#letthechildrengrowsomeplants#gardeningindoorsisfun#reflecttivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#covid-19

No comments:

Post a Comment