Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, April 25, 2020

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT- SOME THOUGHTS ON COVID-19

Firstly COVID-19 really sucks big time. Having said that, I do have some thoughts.

As the age group and older that is at risk, it is imperative to stay home.

My life has not changed so much as I have been staying home most of the time with the care needed for a chronically ill spouse.

I do miss the day trips occasionally that did occur. I miss a movie theatre visit with extended family. A lunch out with friends. A quiet grocery shop without all the pressure of what COVID-19 brings. Or having family and friends over for a dinner or social evening.

I am shopping online more and buying bulk items that can be delivered to my door. Like the orange crush my husband drinks daily.

No sense going to the store to haul home 4 cases at a time.

I muse at the younger generation staying home and not liking it. Will the need for early retirement go by the wayside? Having lots of time to do stuff is not as exciting when thrust upon a person!!

So my interests and hobbies keep me interested.

But there is a real sadness to it all. Hearing about the number of cases and especially the number of deaths is disheartening.

So we go on. We will get through this. In what shape, time will tell.
#covid19andretirement#survivingretirement#survivingcovid19#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#covid-19

No comments:

Post a Comment