Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, April 13, 2020

COVID-19 AND THE INCREASE USE OF PROFANITY

Do you find yourself swearing more?

My husband pointed out that I have been using that f word that rhymes with duck and truck quite a bit lately!!

My anger does come out with swearing. I always thought it was better to swear than punch someone.

No I really do not swear at people. I swear in the house. In my car. But I do not call people names or swear at them.

I do swear at COVID-19. I swear at the hurt and harm it is doing.

I swear if I make a mistake or spill something or just feel frustrated.

So are others swearing?

Well during her curbside, physically distancing with her in-laws, my daughter found her mother-in-law swearing at COVID19. She barely speaks English but she knew the swear words.

When chatting with a Senior lady walking her dog, I was trying to be polite and not swear in my conversation. She stated she would say worse and did. So I did too. Two Seniors using that f word on a city street.

So has your use of profanity gone up? Do you notice others swearing more?
#useofprofanity#swearingmore#usingthatfword#angerreleasedwithswearing#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimdmbro#COVID-19anduseofswearing

No comments:

Post a Comment