Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, April 6, 2020

COVID19- SOME PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR MANNERS

So physical distancing while walking can be challenging.

Who gives way first? As a polite person, I have usually yielded while walking on the sidewalk.

However, yielding now and moving away for the other person with no thank you or even acknowledgement wears thin.

As an older woman I find the males to be the rudest. As if it is okay to bulldoze along!

I also found the dog walkers are leaving little bags of goodies everywhere. If you are going to poop and scoop then put it in the garbage.

My visit to the bank today because the bill I had intended on mailing was due so I thought a quick trip to get it paid on time brought a terse interaction. Not a regular teller I knew and perhaps someone brought in from another branch. No good morning. No how are you? Just what do you want? Bill paid. I needed some cash. No if you have your card use the ATM. Then head down.

I understand times are difficult. But whoever is able to work should be appreciative of the luxury right now.

I do not go out very much. Trying to be at home doing the self isolating thing with my spouse.

However on a few occasions I try to be positive and polite to everyone. This is my usual demeanor.

Do we make excuses now for others when they are rude? Or do we call them on it??
#COVID19andrudeness#sidewalkchallengesduringCOVID19#whogiveswayfirst#hownototberudeduringtoughtimes#dogwalkersandtheirrudebehaviour#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment