Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A ROAD TO RETIREMENT IN JUNE

Trying to pinpoint the exact date to be leaving the organization is quickly approaching. Need to backdate from the official date and use up my vacation days. More complicated than it needs to be. Manager- talk to HR. HR-talk to your manager. So do I just arbitrarily set the date and tell them both! Probably. The pensions and all the paperwork has been done. Trying to find a benefit package in cyberland. Because not union, not entitled to continue with the organization's package. So I watch the ads and take down names etc. In Ontario, over 65 there is a drug program so all prescription drugs are paid. Just dental, hospital accomodation, vision and misc are what I am trying to find. People are asking how I am feeling about it. Sort of neutral! When the decision was made months ago, there was more trepidation. Now there is just work in place to be ready. Like cleaning the clutter corners of my life to have a fresh start. I don't want to leave too much of boring stuff to be done as I want to start with the rewarding stuff. Dealing with a sick family member does put a real damper on any fun events like trips, parties and outings. So the drive down the road continues.
#roadtoretirement#juneroadtoretirement#preparingforretirement#applyingforthepensions#morecomplicatedthanitneedstobe#notrepidation#cleaningtheclutterinmylife

No comments:

Post a Comment