Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 14, 2018

3 WEEKS TO RETIREMENT

As people are finding out about my last days at work, many are congratulating me. Why congratulations, I don't know. Many are saying they wish I was not going as it means having to get used to someone new. I have been asked how I feel about it. I don't. I think when I was considering when to retire over a year ago I had more feelings then. Now I am kind of numb. Neither excited or sad. Just ready!! I just have too much on my plate. I just want to get there. I don't like the idea of pension income. It is just reduced income. Fixed. So the big adjustment will be to spend less!! And coupon clip. I did that today on an item I actually buy. I am trying to get ready but things have been getting in the way. I look at the pile of stuff beside me in the computer room. My writing projects I had wanted drafted and ready to be finished. My main project will be my husband. Supporting him while I do my home projects. So just a day at a time and getting through to the first week of July. I hope I do not burn and crash!! Or just life will go on!!

#retirement#planning#beingreadyforanewlife#spendingless#couponclippingagain#supportingmyhusband#amIreallyforretirement#tiredoftheworkhoopla#doinglessandhavingmore#lifewillgoon

1 comment:

  1. Retirement isn't so bad. You just take it one day at a time and enjoy each of them. Soon, maybe this January, my good wife will also retire. We're both looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete