Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, May 14, 2018

MARRIAGE AND ANNIVERSARIES

Tomorrow will mark the 47th anniversary for Adolph and me. In the hospital, so not much to worry about where or what to eat. When a marriage oath is taken, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, life helps us honour all of that. Caring for a sicked loved one brings out the best in all of us. My daughters have been so supportive and attentive of all that is happening. Sometimes it can bring out the worst but not for our family. I know people in my family system coast to coast and in Italy have my back. Reflecting on the life brings many happy and joyful memories. Sometimes not so joyful but we made it through those times. Making it to 47 years is a privilege! Many couples do not last- divorce or a mate dies! So I was asked recently what made our marriage last. Well perseverance of course. But laughter. Laugh at ourselves, laugh together, laugh at a joke. Remember to enjoy the good times. Get through the hard. But loving in sickness is not so hard. Loving someone makes it doable.
So how about you? What makes your marriage last? What are your good times?
                                                   He loves me. He loves me not.
#marriage#anniversaries#loveinallthetimes#helovesmehelovesmenot#marriageoath#insicknessandhealth#supportivefamilysystem#couples

No comments:

Post a Comment