Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 1, 2018

THE NEW YEAR BRINGS CHANGE

Bringing in the New Year quietly. A movie with one daughter, husband and grandkids then home to watch the fun from New York City. Actually stayed up until midnight. Kissed the hubbie then off to bed.
Having read my daughter Sonya's blog post today, I was inspired. If you have not read House of Kerrs I would suggest a quick read sometimes. Her blog post today was very reflective.
She thought of one word for 2018 and went on to use in many ways. Her word was trust.
What comes to my mind is change!
A new year always brings a birthday so there will be a change in the number- almost 68. Hard to believe I am pushing 70.
But my life will undergo change. Change is challenging! Some is positive and some not so positive.
Thinking about a change in the job. No matter when I retire, I can still do some work from home.
Change in the home. When to downsize is becoming more prevalent.
Change in health and dealing with the challenges it brings.
Change in my attitude to lots of areas of my life. I hate crap. I am less tolerant of pricky people. I just want positive people in my life. I don't want to waste my niceness- is it a word on everyone.
Change in the layers of work I want to do. Some things are just boring. I hate boring. I usually want to love everything but I feel with change I can honestly say I hate some things.
Change in the blog. I want to revitalize some of my themes and be more creative. I want to take some risks in what I write.
Change is not always for the better. It can be painful. It can be full of grief. It forces the raw emotions to surface. It makes it harder to put up walls and keep life compartmentalized. Keeping work and home has always been important for me. So letting go at home is my comfort zone. Not letting go at work is a must.
Change can be scary. Not knowing what is around the corner is bad enough but knowing some things are coming is too frightening at times to comprehend. There is no place to hide.
So my one word for 2018 is change. The good, the bad and the ugly!
Do you have one word for the new year? What would it be?
#change#houseofkerrs#oneword#2018#life'schallenges#birthday#health#blogger#newyear#howtodealwithchange#positivepeople#nice

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Change is coming. We will ride it together. Some painful and some will lead to new endeavours. Change is not easy, but as with any great changes that came before them, we will move through the next ones, one step at a time, one day at a time and be okay on the other side xo

    ReplyDelete