Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 31, 2014

JULY BROUGHT SOME FUN, WHAT WILL AUGUST BRING

As July winds down with cooler temperatures in our area but warmer temperatures on both coasts of Canada, time to reflect on what the wonderful month means. July means summer regardless of the hot or cool weather. With abundant rain, the garden has been growing profusely. Needless to say it is a jungle out there. My yard with its paths and gardens-only grass in the front is blended. The growth in the paths has been a challenge. Spraying with various weed killers including vinegar and some hand picking of weeds has barely kept the paths clear. Luckily no major family events where I want the yard to look pristine- oh yeah that's a fantasy, my gardens never look pristine. I wonder if there is a way to air brush them like the celebrities get down when they have a photo shoot. Then there the opportunities for day trips, reading in the sun, walks and barbecues. The little pleasures in life that bring memories. Having visited some attractions- the Zoo and Pioneer Village- with the kids and grandkids was just fun and lots of photo opts that can still be used. Some areas of the inside of the house are clearer and organized. Now if the new printer could be installed correctly then I would be on the way to a good August.
 
                                                                                                                                                                    
 
Some reflections can only be seen in pictures! I really did  not do anything over the top or amazing but I do feel I did something. I feel peaceful and accomplished- a nice way to be. Oh summer time and the living is wonderful! How has your July been? Did it go by too quickly or did you have some good times too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment