Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 7, 2013

THE OCTAGON-MY FAVOURITE SHAPE

For some reason, I like the octagon shape. My living room table has that shape. There is even a restaurant in Thornhill called the Octagon due to the shape.

The building is interesting but I love the windows best.

Eight sides. It symbolizes spiritual regeneration. My symbols book tells me it is the intermediary between the square and the circle. Thus it is used for baptismal fonts. Shapes can shape our lives and our thinking. A circle can remind us life can be a circle or we just keep going around in circles.  A square has even sides or you can call someone the name. A triangle has someone or something at the top. People sometimes triangulate a problem! A rectangle can help us to plateau out!  So do you have a favourite shape? If so what would it be? Does a shape tells us anything about ourselves? Or is it just a shape?

2 comments: