Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 25, 2013

IS THERE A CURE FOR AGING?

I read an interesting website yesterday seeing what some anti-aging doctors do. Bascially, botox, hormonal stuff, different eating etc. More the outside and how to look young or younger! Interesting! I believe that my simple tricks won't help me not to age but may help me feel better as I age. A good healthy balanced diet! A few calcium and vitamin D tablets daily! Exercise whenever I can which includes doing my own housework and gardening.Walking is easy! Activities for my mind with puzzles, math in my head and even those fun Sudokos.Of course, reading, reading reading- the newspaper, books, the internet, reports! Social events-work, family, outings. Limiting alcohol consumption! Entertainment-music, tv and going to the occasional movie! Personal interests and hobbies! Don't walk in front of a bus! Sometimes there seems to be a split between those who are cosmetic surgery consumed and those who live with the aging face and body. We can not defy death nor the fact the body ages along with the mind! Why does everyone want to look younger than their age? If you child is 35, you can not look 35 as it would seem ridculous! I believe in living to the fullest and what one is capable of doing at any age. Trying new activities does bring stimulation to everyone! Not to stop living as we age is another important trick or just a strategy! So is there a cure for aging? If you find one, let me know-I'll try to fit it in my busy schedule!

1 comment:

  1. Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative (Maurice Chevalier).

    ReplyDelete