Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 9, 2013

DO YOU CLEAN THE HOUSE FOR YOU OR GUESTS

Do you clean for yourself or to have your house so immaculate in case someone drops by? A work mate mentioned a relative that was so fussy that her house was always ready for guests. When I first married my husband, his Italian group was like that. People would drop in on someone! No phone call to ask if it was okay to drop by! I remember painting my first house and we were in a mess. An aunt decided to come visit. We had to stop dirty and all to serve some coffee. There was no awareness- oh you must be busy! I am sure we were some fodder for gossip that our house was a mess! If I invite someone for dinner, I super clean! In between I live in my house with some clutter here and there as I am in the midst of projects! I am the kind that tidies as I go. Clean up after myself! Some simple household routines for each day! It begs the question-why do we care what others think about our homes and how clean they may be? Do you care if you are guest ready? The old fashioned living room is a great idea! It remains clean and clutter free!

2 comments:

  1. Good question but, really, its your home to enjoy first and foremost. A reasonable clean and tidy home is good but enjoy your various projects in different rooms until you're ready to store stuff away. Don't be embarrassed by your clutter when people drop by unexpectedly. If they view things as a mess, it's their problem, not yours. Remember, you can get revenge by doing the same thing to them!

    ReplyDelete