Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 4, 2013

THE TIGER LILLY- A CANADIAN ROADSIDE FLOWER

Tiger lillies are prevalent during July. Along any road or highway with a ditch and a little water they can be seen in Ontario currently.

Easily transplanted to a home garden, the flower is a joyous colour. There are several clusters in my garden.

It is a good flower to have at the back of a garden. Since it grows very tall, it gives height. I can not remember where I retrieved my original bunch years ago. They can be divided at the end of flowering to plant in a new section of your garden or to give away to someone looking for flowers for a new garden. Do you have tiger lillies in your garden? Canadian-eh?

1 comment:

  1. Although not as attractive as tiger lilies, two other roadside flowers seem easier to flourish in my flower beds: the dandelion and the thistle.

    ReplyDelete