Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 30, 2010

MORE FAMILY RESEARCH-BALLPOINT MARIPOSA TOWNSHIP KAWARTHA LAKES

After a busy work day, I can get lost in my research notes of my family history groups. I go to another time and place as I continue to put the pieces together. One project is taking much energy as I try to complete the family lines of one set of my great-great grandparents who lived on Ball Point farm- Lake Scugog, Ontario in the 1800's. It is partly history and partly family history. Do you have a story to tell about your family? Do you have a line that is causing you problems? Genealogy has come a long way. Just go to any website of a location of where your ancestors lived and look for genealogy information. In Ontario, a good beginning site is the Ontario Genealogical Society. There are so many books written to assist with your beginning efforts. Do you know the easiest way to get started with your family history? Talk to all your living relatives especially the older generation, write everything down or videotape the information as it is presented. Easy to know about your grandparents when they give the names of their parents and grandparents then having to search through the records after they are gone. Researching can become addictive as new information is recovered. For many genealogy is a passion.
#morefamilyresearch#ballpointroad#ballpointmariposatownshipkawarthalakes#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbardimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment