Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 29, 2010

BEACHES


Reminiscing about vacations taken I started to think about the beaches I have walked. Usually with my husband Adolph. In my childhood we camped in Algonquin Park and stayed at Rock Lake which had a small beach. The beaches in Florida are long and many. St. Petersburg and Long Boat Key near Sarasota with the children on two different trips. Fort Lauderdale on the East Coast during Spring Break- I was not a college kid at the the time which may have been more fun for me if I had been.Freeport, Bahamas- Lucaya Beach. Barbados has lovely beaches- know the one in St. Lawrence Gap area. Jamaica in the town of Oracabessa area when I graduated from University in 1975 was one of those cheap charter trips.Of course Mexico- three times to Cancun and the beach area. Long walks. During a Cruise visited Magens Bay in St. Thomas and a small beach in St. Croix. Mostly tours of cities in Italy but did go to the beautiful beach of Sperlonga on the west coast and on Sardinia in a quiet bay on a a small beach there. Adolph's cousin Lillina owned a vacation unit so it was rather private. In Southern Ontario, Washaga Beach which is a day trip beach adventure. One of the most famous world beaches is Waikiki in Hawaii with Diamond Head in the background. Two times there- the most significant on my honeymoon in 1971. Years ago I purchased a travel album of a rich Torontonian who travelled to many places in 1910. The lady selling the album would not say who the person had been. How fitting that the pictures here are Waikiki in 1910- one hundred years ago. Are there beaches that have been a part of your life? Is the joy of walking the beach instilled in your memory? Have you enjoyed just sitting on the beach watching the waves roll in? Can you hear the sound of the water?

1 comment:

  1. i've also walked along many beaches, many of them small and out of the way, but those near tofino hold my most precious memories ... there's something very theraputic about standing at the water's edge and watching the waves roll in ...

    ReplyDelete