Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 22, 2010

JOINED AT THE HIP

Some couples say they do everything together. They have never slept apart from each other. They are so close. They complete each other's sentences. I know people who envy these couples.Some couples have some distance. Think of the military couple with the job requirement of overseas assignments and months apart. Couples come in all shapes and sizes. If it works for the individuals involved, then we leave it alone. As long as it is not abusive or there is a real pathological power imbalance, then assistance may be offered.
Frankly, I like to do many activities separate from my spouse. We do have common interests but also different interests. I would have lost myself as a person if I had not continued to pursue my own activities. We are family oriented-loving those children, grandchildren and extended families with many family functions and ways to keep in touch with those far away.
Are you joined at the hip with your partner? Do you like moments of togetherness and moments of separateness? What kind of couple are you?

1 comment:

  1. Neat photo, Barb! I've never seen anything like this before. I agree that we all need a balance in our relationships. Each of us needs some space from the other at times. Time to pursue separate interests. As long as we always come together again to share our stories, anecdotes, and experiences ... thereby enriching our lives together.

    ReplyDelete