Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, January 13, 2024

USING YOUR RESOURCES AT HAND-PROJECTS THAT COUNT

 I have so many supplies in my home.

From food to craft items to business supplies.

So deciding to use my resources at hand I am making my way through those supplies.

I have knit 4 toque hats using some of my supply of wool. Feels good in the dismal days of January.

I am dividing my extras in my stamp collection into 6 small collections for my grandchildren. 

Sorting through my various piles of documents I am working on downsizing some of my family history binders. I can scan and upload to my Evernote files so do not need duplicates of everything.

My photo albums will be another project. There are photos of people that I can send to those people. Years ago I sent one nephew most of his baby and childhood pics. I felt he and his daughter would enjoy them more. I only needed a couple.

I know retail therapy can help in these dismal days but using up stuff is the opposite of shopping and feels very good knowing I can use up supplies. So therapeutic in its own way.

Of course all those meals I froze over the last month are being eaten. On those days when the thought of cooking is burdensome, having a nutritional meal ready to heat in the microwave saves the day. Like the Sheppard's pie pieces I made from leftover Christmas dinner mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and used fresh ground beef.

I confess though I made a deliberate trip to Longos( a wonderful local supermarket with many products and an amazing bakery) yesterday to buy a steak, Caesar salad-just have to mix the precut ingredients and a piece of cake- better than buying a whole cake- for Friday night dinner. I had a baked potato from another meal. I really wanted to eat out but it sufficed for me. Plus a few other grocery items.

So what other resources do I have in my home. Probably I have just touched the tip of the iceberg.

How about you? Do you have resources to use in your home?

#usingyourresourcesathand#makingprojectswithitemsaroundthehome#usingfrozenfooditemsforaquickmeal#stampcollectionbeingdividedforfamilymembers#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment