Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, January 10, 2024

NANA SAYS EMBRACING THE NANA ROLE

 Grandparents love their grandchildren.

Some are more hands on than other grandparents.

For some it is a show. Look at me and all my grandchildren. Talk is cheap.

I like to be part of their lives.

So looking for ways to be engaged. 

I took one granddaughter to see the Nutcracker. Lovely day out. Subway ride and being in the City.

Wanting to take the older boys to the PWHL first game. But it was sold out. Then I found a way to do it. Bought tickets for the NHL All Star weekend. Tickets had already been bought so I have two extras for the event.

For the littles I bought some tickets to the local theatre for a Spiderman movie during their March break.

Of course ordinary sleepovers, going to hockey games, drives from school and to appointments keeps me embracing the nana role.

They are my people and  I love them.

Nana says embracing the Nana role is really special.

#nanarole#embracingthenanarole#beingpartofthegrandchildren'slives#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment