Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, January 13, 2024

SNOW SHOVELING IS A WINTER ACTIVITY

 Sometimes I feel badly that I do not do real winter sports. Skiing in my youth. Used to skate but now not very good at it.

I decided that snow shoveling is a real winter activity. 

I use several muscle groups that I am now feeling.

Our snowfall last night of several inches became very heavy wet snow.

So shoveling it off the driveway into little snowbanks gave me a good 30 minute workout.

Neatly shoveled.
I am on the corner so end up with a band of snow on the curve that the City of Richmond Hill clears after the main streets are snowplowed. It is a little back hoe guy who does. But see that nice curb. Well when he finishes I have to go out and clear the little row of snow he leaves me. 


I do have a system that I push the snow and do not lift as it is probably not good for my heart.

My arms feel like I have done a minor weight workout.

So I feel that I can now brag. Yes I have a winter activity. Shoveling and salting my 6 car driveway.

#winteractivity#snowshovelingcountsasawinteractivity#workingthosemusclesinthewinter#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment