Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 16, 2023

TIRED OF ANTI-AGING STRATEGIES-MAYBE BE HAPPY TO BE ALIVE AND ABLE TO AGE

 Yes I use moisturizers on my skin. I know that with aging hydration is necessary.

I try to exercise more. Stretch. Weights. Walking. All good.

Eat well. Lots of veggies more than fruit.

But is aging a dirty word.

Is youth wasted on the young?

At age 73 I am still ticking well enough. Some minor ailments but okay.



So should we be happy to be alive and able to age?

I would rather be here and part of life. With family and friends and interests life is good. 

I do not need razzle dazzle. But enough to keep me going.

So aging not quite with grace as I really do not know what that means.

So we are bombarded with anti-aging products, ideas and thoughts. 



But is aging a dirty word? I ask again. 

I like to be part of my grandchildren's lives. I like to know new songs, movies and ideas. 

I like the fact I can keep learning. Reading. Writing. I even registered for another online course. And I will do the tests and assignments. Yikes at my age. A challenge.

Maybe some local travel or maybe a trip somewhere!! 2023 is still young. 

The opposite of anti-aging is death. Die young and beautiful. Or age and live.

I chose the latter. How about you?

#antiagingstuff#agewithgrace#isagingaterriblething#beingpartoflife#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#happytobealiveandaging

No comments:

Post a Comment