Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, February 14, 2023

VALENTINE'S- A DAY TO REMEMBER LOVE OR JUST ANOTHER DAY

 So the debate is whether Valentine's is a true love day or just another cash grab.

My point of view is it depends on the person or couple.

Flowers.

Chocolates.

Cards and maybe a dinner out or take out in!!

Having a sweetheart to celebrate love is always a good thing.

But pressure can be had.



The year I was graduating from university Adolph bought me a clock radio, card and something else. I told the psychiatrist on the team and he said what is he hiding. I said what did you get your wife? He had not got her anything and rethought his comment to me. I used that clock radio for many years and still have  it! I use a different radio now. 

I remember being in West Kelowna arranging for flowers for my mother's funeral in 2012. The number of men who arrived at the Flower Shop to get flowers last minute was incredible. 

Then we went to Super Centre to order platters of food for the wake. A store clerk was sitting at a table with a pile of roses waiting for men to arrive.

It was the first Valentine's I was away from Adolph. We did talk on the phone. 

Another time he was in hospital and we celebrated bed side. 

The last Valentine together I bought my own flowers from him.



Now I remember the good times and put out a previous Valentine Card from my sweetie.

But being sweet and saying you love each other often is a good thing!

How about you? How do you celebrate?

#valentineday#howdoyoucelebrate#rememberingpastcelebrations#makeyourowncelebrations#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

1 comment:

  1. Your fav cuz wishes you the best on V Day. We don't celebrate it anymore. Too expensive to go out or even order in. Only order in Chinese food on Margaret's BD.

    ReplyDelete