Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 30, 2023

NANA SAYS STAYING CONNECTED WITH FAMILY AND GRANDCHILDREN HELPS US ALL

 At my January birthday lunch/brunch with family I blurted out that I loved my family.

Saying you are my people.

Being positive with grandchildren. Letting them know I enjoy their company.

During one visit played Go Fish several times. Opportunity to engage in a fun way.

Yes I tried to beat my grandchild. No easy wins.

Losing loved ones in our lives can not be replaced.

But staying connected brings peace and well love.

For me missing my spouse-Adolph has been hard. But telling little stories about us to my grandchildren helps me keep him connected to them.

Spending time with grandchildren means more to me than them. 

There have been studies that being connected to grandchildren helps with mental health of grandparents.

Did we really need a study to tell us? 

I think not.

#nanasaysstayingconnectedwithfamilyandgrandhchildrenhelpsusall#grandchildrenareneededforgrandparents'mentalhealth#keepinggrandpaalivebytellinglittlestoriesabouthime#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment